Yardsman/Loader Driver – Permanent full time
Wilkins Farming Co is looking for a permanent fulltime Yardsman/Loader Driver. The successful applicant will be competent and energetic with passion for machine and systems operation and working with people. Experience in a previous Yardsman/Loader Driver in grain specific equipment including loaders or telehandlers and grain specific equipment would be an advantage however candidates with experience in a similar field will be considered.
This is an important role in our business reporting to our Transport Dispatcher and supporting the smooth running of our transport operations within the business. This is an important role in our business where operators are expected to manage the handling of grain intake, cleaning, storage, crushing, blending, and loading out to facilitate our stock feed operation. The Yardsman/Loader Driver is expected to keep machinery clean & well maintained, accurate information records, be a good communicator and take pride in all areas of their work. Strong attention to detail is required in operating grain specific equipment such as augers, conveyors, elevators, screening & aspirator equipment, dryer, crushers, telehandlers, and tractors. The role works in closely with other grain plant personnel, transport operators, cropping manager, maintenance, and administration personnel.
You would need to develop an understanding of our business and appreciation for helping manage our harvest carting, fertiliser deliveries and expectations of our stockfeed customers.
We have experienced and friendly personnel who are welcoming and keen to train up new people to join our motivated team.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Ability to plan and organize smooth running of our Grain Plant operations while factoring in the needs of the supply chain ie grain intake from harvest or outtake to customers
- Team player who is energetic, reliable and passionate about the role along with agriculture
- Flexibility of working hours due to seasonal demand and prepared to work around these
- Must be a personable character able to connect and communicate well with others
- Implement health and safety + compliance requirements
- Work independently when required as well as with being part of our valued team
- Ability to work under pressure, meet strict deadlines and balance multiple priorities
- Physically fit and not afraid of manual labour when required
Qualifications and Experience
- Clean full driver’s license
- Heavy traffic licences and experience driving trucks is preferred
- Experience working in a supply chain where the success of each other depends on the ability to cooperate effectively. Ie cropping – grain plant – transport – livestock
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Computer Literacy Helpful
The company for the right person will support personal career development with further aspirations.
Southland offers an amazing lifestyle with many stunning attractions right on your doorstep such as Fiordland, Southern coastline and Southern Lakes including Queenstown. Our modern office is in a picturesque rural setting, and the role offers competitive remuneration that will reflect the level of qualification and experience.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Successful applicants must be prepared to undergo police check and drug test as part of screening.
Email CV with at least two references to email@example.com
Any questions or enquiries please contact Michael Wilkins – 027 2499 317